Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Not Understanding The Logic Here....

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Jack McGee on June 11, 2001 18:55:57 UTC

" The loss of those beliefs aren't worth many regrets " - I haven't grasped that statement.

"It all comes down to what you value more. Happiness or truth. If, for example, science could prove, without a shred of doubt, that God did not exist and our existence is meaningless, would you want to know? Would you rather be knowledgeable and somber or ignorant and blissful?"

-One will never " disprove " any facet of the
other. They are totally different animals, doing
two totally different JOBS.
-And anyways, to go down the road of " CONFORMITY " and " TRUTH ", I will again address
the same perspective. The advent of TRUTH comes
with the MAJORITY. If the so-called ( and I say so-called because nothing is constant or entirely
TRUUUUEEEEEEEEEEEE in this universe except the
perpetuation of the universe in itself in time)-I the so-called truth is not accepted by the majority then it is not accepted truth. Truth isn't tangible as you're making it out to be.
Just like everything else that has abstract applications that DERIVED on this planet, truth
is merely an idea and concept formulated by
the intelligent ( or to us it seems this way )
human beings who needed it.
without a care in the world. No Spec's, no ISSUES.
**I believe that everyone would agree : Happiness is what matters** As we get older, we'll all realize that ** They don't realize a DAMNED thing:
All they know is there's a roast in the oven and
a beer to drink@!

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins