Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
She Sure Has

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Mario Dovalina on June 17, 2001 16:46:28 UTC

"The sky is composed of several ionizing layers
of gases. They have no color at all."

Fine. I split hairs with you, it's fair that you do it with me. But that was just an example, you understand.

"one culture may believe RED is BLUE and BLUE is RED. It all depends on the majority to make their mind up which is which."

Ah, but this is a relatively subjective thing. If, for example, everyone on the planet suffered from color blindness and saw bith red and blue as red, it would follow that we would have no knowledge of blue. So you're partially right. The difference is that our perception doesn't matter. Red and blue still have different wavelenghts. THAT is the truth, and cannot be subjectified.

"YOU
think SLAVERY is not the truth, or the way, or right doesn't matter. In one-hundred years everyone could love it and embrace it once again."

You're doing it again. I'm not talking about right or wrong here. "Slavery is truth" has no meaning, really. Truth and morality are two seperate things and I haven't been talking about morality much so far, but if you want to be my guest.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins