Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
You're Ignoring Everything I've Said So Far

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Mario Dovalina on June 13, 2001 19:38:00 UTC

If you can provide me with an argument attacking my position instead of repeating yourself, this would be a lot easier for both of us. I'll make this one short:

"There is no singular truth,
BUT there is the majority's TRUTH."

I've addressed this issue in most of my past posts, and I have yet to see you present a sane defense for it. There is objective reality outside our subjective minds. If I'm hit by a train it doens't matter whether or not I thought it was there. We can never eliminate this subjectivity but we can reduce it. Your logic states that since this subjectivity is inescapable, ANY degree of subjectivity is acceptable. It's NOT. The philosophy you have been touting is one of denial and escapism. If something sounds good to you (or, if you prefer, the omnipotent majority) it may as well be fact.

"Have you ever seen the Matrix?"

Greatest movie of the decade. Although, the vast majority of the people in the Matrix were unaware of its existence. Would that make its existence false? If only a handful of people knew the truth, they might as well be insane, right, since so many people disagree with them?

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins