Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Ok.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Sam Patterson on October 11, 2002 21:09:40 UTC

"In the end, you don't care about what science believes, just as long as it does not deny the biblical record. This is why creationists could give a hoot about much of physics. It is only wrong when it interferes with your biblical interpretations. This is why astrophysics is rejected, and nuclear physics is fine. You don't care how many nuclear bombs physicists might make on the planet, but you sure the heck care if they hypothesize an ape ancestory to humans."

Let me re-write part of this. Here is your second sentence:

This is why creationists (I am making an assumption that all creationist fight evolution an do not contribute diddly-squat to the scientific community) could give a hoot about much of physics.

You are assuming creationist live for the sole purpose of disproving evolution. Is this true? The answer is a resounding NO!!!!! There are many scientist who believe in creation, and are contributing to the scientific community. For example, I recentally read an article about a scientist who believes in creation, and is one the few scientist who is developing kevlar. There are many examples of this.

I can't believe you are still arguing this big-animal-on-the-ark arguement. I've shown you this one-hundred times.

Sam, KC2GWX

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins