Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
You Got Me Alright. Got Me Annoyed.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Sam Patterson on October 8, 2002 03:55:54 UTC

"So, if God created the earth 6,000 years ago, when did the flood happen?"

About 1600 years after creation.

"If you believe that the time of Noah was the time of the floods, why doesn't the bible mention the difference of climates before and after the floods(it was called the Ice Age for a reason)?"

Two points about this.

1. Why would it?

2. It does anyway.

Point 1. Why would the Bible tell us of a climate change? It not an almanac! But, even so, I believe it shows us.

2. Noah lived to be 950 years old. His grandfather lived to be 969 years old. Why do people not live so long anymore? I believe the climate was such (Almost zero radiation, less dramatic seaonal changes, etc.) that it allowed such long life (This is not the only factor, but an important one).

Here is Job 37:9-10,

"9 The tempest comes out from its chamber,
the cold from the driving winds.
10 The breath of God produces ice,
and the broad waters become frozen."

And Job 38:29-30,

"29 From whose womb comes the ice?
Who gives birth to the frost from the heavens
30 when the waters become hard as stone,
when the surface of the deep is frozen?"

I'm not saying these verses are conclusive evidence that the Bible mentions the ige age, but it does sound like it.

"If you have an answer for that, I can do one even better...Could you tell me the size of Noah's Ark? Because God commanded Noah to get to of every creature and bring it aboard the ark...so where was the room for the 10 ton dinosaurs? Or did Noah break God's commandment? Or does it say in the bible that God said leave the dinosaurs behind?"

Chris, please. How long have you been in this forum? Ohh well, I'll post it again.....

Here is a link which I will quote from.

http://www.answersingenesis.org/home/area/Magazines/docs/cen_v19n2_animals_ark.asp

"The Ark measured 300x50x30 cubits (Genesis 6:15) which is about 140x23x13.5 metres or 459x75x44 feet, so its volume was 43,500 m3 (cubic metres) or 1.54 million cubic feet. To put this in perspective, this is the equivalent volume of 522 standard American railroad stock cars, each of which can hold 240 sheep."

As you can see, the ark was HUGE! I mean huge.

Oh, and about the 'ten ton dinosaur' question, there is a very simple answer. Funny thing is, no one ever thinks about it. How big were those 'giants' when they were babies? Well? Ten tons? No.

Please stop claiming vicroty before I respond. So far, every time you have done so I proved you wrong.

Sam, KC2GWX

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins