Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Ok...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Chris Duncan on October 10, 2002 03:25:22 UTC

I would like to get things straigt...

Me: "Either way, I win...The floods happened 10 to 14,000 years ago...way past your 6,000 year limit. Can you explain that away?"

You: "You did not show any evidence for this. (I consider that a 'win')"

I am sure I already told you that they have shown pyramids of the coast of Japan that are underwater...They showed them on the Discovery Channel(the same channel you used as evidence in one of your earlier posts against evolution...I don't remember who you were debating at the time). I believe this is the 'evidence' you are looking for.

Me: (You didn't quote me too well on this one) "Noah to get two of every creature and bring it aboard the ark...so where was the room for the 10 ton dinosaurs? Or did Noah break God's commandment? Or does it say in the bible God said leave the dinosaurs behind?"

You: " I showed you why you were wrong on this.(Dinosaurs not fully grown)"

"Dinosaurs not fully grown"...That is all based on circumstance. This isn't enough to prove in a court of law that Creationism is true...Everything is built on "if's"...if the dinosaurs were small;if a mother T-Rex or mother velociraptor didn't eat Noah like a power bar...

Just for my info, could you tell me how long Noah had to "round up" these creatures? It would have to be after the boat was pretty close to being finished, right?

My Favorite.....

You: "Yes, the ark was used for dinosaurs. The reason for dinosaurs dying after the flood was the fact that they were cold-blooded(This is not the only factor, but a large one)...."

I am going to break this in two parts for a reason....(By the way, I love how easy you just made it for me)

You are correct that they were cold-blooded. I will give you that. Now I need you to think for me here...After the flood, the climate changed...It got WARMER...

Part two...

You: "Humams and mammals can heat themselves up because we are warm-blooded, dinosaurs cannot..."

The climate got warmer, so the dinosaurs wouldn't die becuase they couldn't warm themselves up--it was already warm!

You: "By the way, dinosaurs were not the only 'mass extinction' after the flood."

In one of your earlier posts, you stated that you didn't believe that dinosaurs died in a mass extinction...now you are saying that they weren't the only ones! (I really got you on that one)

Finally...

You: "Why do you say that they couldn't cross the Bering Strait? The Native Americans slowly migrated to America over a land bridge connecting Asia and North America. Maybe you could give me some evidence that there was not a land bridge."

This is another good one...

First, where is that land bridge now? If the native Americans crossed over that land bridge AFTER the flood, as you say, the climate would have been the same as it is now. So, the land bridge would have to still be there. So why isn't it?

Second, during the Ice Age, alot of the ocean's water was "locked" in the polar ice caps...that would make the sea level lower. Now, when the sea level was lower, the land bridge appeared between the two continents...

Third, I never said that I believed that there was no land bridge...I said that the Ice Age is what created it, and if the Ice Age was more than 6,000 years ago, (for you)there could be no land bridge(I was using your logic).

Now I am sorry that I tore into you like a monkey into a cupcake, but I had fun.

Warm Regards,

Chris

P.S. "CRACK!!!"

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins