Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Yes

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Chris Duncan on October 7, 2002 04:34:48 UTC

I love Tolkien...I just don't believe that you actually think that dinosaurs lived and died within the last 6,000 years...I just can't grasp that...

I am a man of faith. I believe that Jesus was the Son of God...There are many things that can't be proven that I believe...but these things can't be disproven either...the age of the earth(and the universe while we are at it) can be disproven. Remember, God created "the heavens and the earth" in the same week...So either the universe itself disproves that fact or you belive that we are the center of the universe...that is the only way that light(at the constant speed of 186,000 miles per second(or km per second, I'm not sure) could reach us in less than 6,000 years...or light doesn't move that fast...

I don't get the fact that you don't believe at least the speed of light...You seem to laugh in the face of the science community...

I love Tolkien, but I know where to draw the line between fantasy and truth.

Warm Regards,

Chris

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins