Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Yes, Without Merit.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Sam Patterson on October 9, 2002 19:34:02 UTC

"One moment you are saying that there is no 'macro evolution' and the next you are prepared to admit evolutionary changes that occur over the periods of the last tens of millions of years. The vast majority of the world's species, you say, evolved from a few hundred species carried in the Ark only a few thousand years ago (and accomplishing this feat in a few hundred years)! This is irrational."

How about we take a look at dogs for a minute. A miniature poodle and a Saint Bernard are both dogs. They are vastly different, but they both came from the same 'dog' some time ago. There is, however, a limit to the amount of difference a dog can change. A Saint Bernard, given infinite time, will not change into a horse (for example). There is a limit genetically how far this change can go. This is the same with the Buffalo-Bison thing. Both from the same original kind on the ark, and adapted to it's enviroment over several thousands of years. But these Bison, given infinite time, will never change into elephants (for example). You see this point?

"You complain about the fossil record not showing gradual changes (as Sam defines the term 'gradual'), and yet you say that more changes than these happened at an unbelievable rate. Not to mention, many of these species raced across the planet to be back to the very spots where they were before the flood."

"Complain"? Nevermind. The fossil record does not show a clear ascent from single-cell organisms to man. This was my point. Your last sentence does not make sense. Please clarify.

"If this is not preposterous enough, you ask that we consider you rational and not living in a fantasy world when you say that the dinosaurs went aboard Noah's Ark for over a year?? How inane is that?? Are we supposed to believe that you are not living in lala land when you think that T-Rex was eating vegetables on the Ark? I mean, you are a kid, but come on, you aren't 4 years old. Heck, even 5 year olds are more in touch with science than that."

As I haved repeatedly posted, the dinosaur-on-the-ark problem is not a problem. The dinosaurs were young, therefore took up little space. There are many stories of carnivorous animals being vegitarian. I'm not saying this is what happened, but it has happened before.

Wow. Those three paragraphs are all explained. But I'm probably still a troll in your mind, due to your irrational thinking.

Sam, KC2GWX

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins