Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Answers

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Ivan on October 5, 2002 17:03:25 UTC

Thank you for your questions. They are all valid and I am sure many rational people are asking the same type of questions. Here are the answers and please verify everything that I (or anyone) say for yourself:

[QUOTE]
(1)Can you tell me where in the Quran that these terrorists get the passages so mixed up or misinterpreted to such a point that they do what they do?
[/QUOTE]

Answer (1): These terrorists are in fact called Sunni Muslims not Muslims. They do not get any of their ideologies from the Quran. They get their ideologies from what is called Hadith (stories about Mohamed) and Sharia (medieval law based on those stories). Hadith and Sharia together form what is called Sunna, hence the name Sunni Muslims. They have nothing to do with the teachings of the Quran.

[QUOTE]
(2)You, or your brother of the Muslim faith, once posted that the Torah was the Old Testament, and the Quran is the New Testament. Why do you not have your Old and New Testaments together in the same book? Isn't that like throwing away the parts you don't like?
[/QUOTE]

Answer (2): I challenge any Sunni or anybody to show me where in the Quran it says that it is a New (or any) Testament. This terminology is stolen from Christianity. The Quran is simply called a “Reminder” for those who believe that there is something after this life,

[/QUOTE]
(3)If your Quran is the New Testament, then what is our New Testament? Are you implying that our New Testament is wrong or somewhere fundamentally incorrect?
[/QUOTE]

Answer (3): Like Hadith, the New Testament is a collection of stories.

[/QUOTE]
(4) If you do believe that the Christian New Testament is wrong, does that mean you think Christians go to hell?
[/QUOTE]

Answer (4): Only the God can decide what will happen to anyone after this life.

[/QUOTE]
(5)Is it literally meant when the phrase "70 virgins in paradise"?
[/QUOTE]

Answer (5): Again, I challenge anybody to find this phrase in the Quran. This phrase can only be found in Hadith superstitions.

[/QUOTE]I would seriously like that, but Jesus taught us not to let materialistic things control us(I am not saying that I have followed that very well) and #5 sounds pretty materialistic... [/QUOTE]

My comment: I agree with you as would any decent person.

All best wishes.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins