Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Islam Articles Of Faith

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on October 9, 2002 18:37:52 UTC

Dear Ivan,

Sometime ago a muslim on this forum, jisbond, directed us to the Islam Articles of Faith written in about the 13th century.

I could recover links to these if interested. But what grabbed me is a quote from the Quoran saying that discourse and research are forbidden as they undermine faith.

It seemed to me that perhaps this is why Islam gave up on science, leading inevitably to the underdeveloped status of its nations from a position of nearly world conquest and vastly superior science and math compared to other nations.

Can you comment on this. It seems to me that if true, the Quoran actually undermines the free use of logic and inquiry.

Regards,

Richard

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins