Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Perfectly Consistent

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Ivan on October 10, 2002 06:46:47 UTC

[QUOTE]
It seems that the two above quotes from the Quoran are contradictory. In one only Islam is approved and in the other seemingly only Judiaism is approved, as elsewhere on the site it is pointed out that Paul essentially created Christianity, implying that Jesus was entirely Jewish.
[/QUOTE]

This is perfectly consistent with the Quran's definition of Muslim:

“…ANYONE who BELIEVES IN THE GOD and DOES GOOD WORK, He will remit his/her sins, and will admit him/her into gardens with flowing streams. They abide therein forever. This is the greatest triumph.” (Quran 64:9)

Therefore there are indeed Muslim Jews, Muslim Nazerenes, Muslim Deists, etc.

[QUOTE]
***This is followed by God’s description of the Quran as 'COMPLETE' (6:115), 'FULLY DETAILED' (6:114), that 'NOTHING' has been left out of it (6:38) and that it offers ‘explanations for EVERYTHING’ 16:89.***

For one thing almost all of science has been left out.
[/QUOTE]

Again, this is perfectly consistent with the Quran's definition of itself as a book of guidance. So as far as guidance/salvation goes, it is complete and you do not need the clergy.

[QUOTE]
Research is in fact condemned in the Quoran. I will attenpt to get that quote, chapter and verse, for you.
[/QUOTE]

I will eagerly await your response.

[QUOTE]
So why not give up on your parochial endeavour to promote Islam and instead endorse all religions as clearly from the Quoran that IS GOD'S INTENTION.
[/QUOTE]

Please see definition of Islam above. I do endorse any and all GOD ALONE religions NOT God with partners such as idols and the clergy.

If you think that we need the clergy between us and the God then you will not agree with me. Otherwise, we are in agreement.

[QUOTE]
You cannot have it both ways and be rational. However, I will defend your right to be irrational and retain your myopic belief system.
[/QUOTE]

Please remember what I said before, in Islam your mind is your church so some of the information on the site will not reflect my personal beliefs. Also, this is one church that welcomes rational criticism to better itself. As you can see nothing I said so far is irrational.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins