Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Thanks

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Sam Patterson on May 27, 2002 21:18:26 UTC

"Very thought provoking! I bet you are the smartest kid in your class with those hard hitting questions. Here are some equally tough questions."

Thank you. I can guarantee I am the smartest kid in my class. (No, I'm not being cocky) I'm home-schooled. I'm the only kid in my class. I love home-schooling. Now I'm kinda in College, but I still do work at home.

Anyway, on to your thought-provoking questions.

"How did we all come from Adam and Eve?"

Because initally our genes were perfect. Therefore, inbreeding would not have lead to the mutations and such that it does today.

"Are all the different variations and adaptions we see in humans all over the world a result of lost information? The tall people? The short people? The fat people? The skinny people? The dark skinned people? The fair skinned people? The in-between skinned people? The smart people? The dumb people? The strong people? The weak people? The fast people? The slow people? All those people came from 2 people, and since then have grown into 6 billion diversified peoples - and that is a loss of information."

Yes. For example, if you take people of the same race and they have children for many generations, can they eventually have kids of a different race? No. It is the same things with dogs. You can not get a rottwieler from a poodle, no matter how many generations of poodles you breed. The genetic information is lost. Adam and Eve had all the genetic information for all peoples on earth today.

"Why is the average height of American men getting taller? Is that a loss of information?"

I'm not sure why the average man is getting taller. I'm not saying they are not, because I'm six foot three inches, and growing. But this is not a gain of genetic information. In fact, it might be a loss. Imagine this, in the year 2175, all men and women are seven feet tall. Now they will not have children who are short. Would that be a loss of genetic information?

"I have thought of the questions you asked and came to the conclusion that you are purposely asking questions that you know there is no answer to - scientifically."

I think you should be able to answer this scientifically if you believe in evolution:

"Is there a chronilogical begining on the evolutionary timescale? If there was, what started it?"

In otherwords why did this universe start at all?
Shouldn't there be a scientific answer to that?

"Science is not meant to prove absolutes, it is meant to support, revise, or discard current theories."

I'm trying to do that last one.

"Saying that flies were spawned from meat is actually not bad science for the day."

Perhaps we will say the same thing about evolution in the future? KC2GWX 73's

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins