Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Sam

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Cliff Riley on May 28, 2002 19:18:58 UTC

This is Scott -

If anything I am trying a new angle with you. I am trying to incite. I think you are closing your eyes to a world of possibilities. The world is full of so much and you seem to have your mind already made up, and that is sad to me. I am 26 years old, have traveled the country, read different poetry, literature, philosophy, explored different religions, made a career in the science field, and have a wife and 2 kids. What I have learned is that I have a whole lot more to learn. Do you feel you have explored all sides of humanity. The dark side. The lighter side. The trajedy. The triumph. Have you ever been hurt, emotionally or mentally? What hurts you the most? What gives you character? Have you cut the umbilical cord yet from mommy? That is not to say you should be disrespectful to your parents, but do you plan to lead a carbon copy of you parents life? I don't know, I am only asking you. I want you to answer those questions for yourself and not for me. Will you be happy with a life that has figured everything out at age 16? Explore and study the different sides of the human condition. Read of atheism, agnosticism, hinduism, and other religions. Read different philosophies and open your eyes to different world views. I hope you don't think I am a jerk. I know I can be rude, but it is just my style to incite people that way. Don't take it personally. I am not like Mike Pearson. If I put you down I will always explain why. I am not a mystery. I have no need to be vauge or ambigous. I am a real person and you can use me gather knowledge if you want or debate if you want. But you have to understand that I am a real person that has beliefs and passions just as you. Sorry if I came off as rude, but I was trying something different with you.

Scott

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins