Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Are You Saying My Discussions Are Not Related To God Or Science

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Scott Abernathy on April 15, 2002 15:34:49 UTC

Well in that case -

Attention all members of this God and Science forum. I invite you all to post to this question.

Aurino, if you could please save your comments until after Mike replies it would help matters. I know how you like to hear what he says first, then pucker up. Thanks

This is a simple question which could lead to much more complex ponderings so try something different and give me a chance.

God

God has been mentioned only a few times on this site, in fact once IT was referred to as dark matter by one of the distinguished members of the forum (you know who you are). Anyway...

Can the belief in God every be rationalized with a true belief in the scientific method. Has the advent of skepticism killed God? Nietzche said that God was dead? Many prominent scientists today are openly athiestic (it is almost as trendy as saying you are homosexual, not that there is anything wrong with that)just look at Richard Dawkins, the late Sagan, and all the way back to Darwin and Einstein. Has science killed God? And if not, isn't it only through major rationalizations and justifications that we can rectify the differences between belief and skeptical attititudes? Won't religious devotion always conflict with questioning and contemplation. And, Cliff, you can't use the bible to answer this question - Mike would call that circular logic. Is that a post hoc or ad hoc, Mikey.

There is a question here. I would like to hear your opinions if you have any, or I would also like to see a step-by-step answer based in logic (not sloppy logic though, it is in bad taste here)

I hope you all find my post worthy of your time here - thanks

Scott

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins