Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Wow! Maybe You Are God

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Scott Abernathy on April 15, 2002 19:28:38 UTC

Let me start off by saying that I believe you were having fun at my expense. But that is fine because I entertain myself that way as well.

It wrote -
"the biggest problem with thinkers is that they think they can think: i.e., they all go off half cocked with the assumption they know what they are talking about!"

I appreciate your honesty. Although if I think I can think, then in my reality I am thinking. It is only in your world that thinkers are people who can't think. I am not assuming that I know what I am talking about, I am conveying things which I have learned about, pondered upon, and experienced myself - that is it. I don't assume to know everything that is why I am in this forum, I will leave the responsiblity of omipotent supreme being to people of your intellectual caliber.

It wrote -
"The problem is simple sloppy logic with confused concepts"

I so love the term sloppy logic, I bet you feel very superior knowing your logic is tight and concise.

It wrote -
"They are too intelligent to bring the issue up, knowing full well that to do so is to open an infinite spigot of Bull which will be a complete waste of time."

So now I am wasting everyones time with my worthless opinions and sub-standard intellect. You are not helping my self-esteem here, Dick. I have just the opposite opinion on the matter. A discussion is meant get everybody to DISCUSS their thoughts and opinions on the matter at hand. That is all I was doing. Will anything be resolved, probably not, but that doesn't mean to do so is an "unintelligent" endeavor. Pompous!!

It wrote -
"However, there are always those who live by Bull! And we can always expect more of the same from them. Basicly, I trust most people not to want to burn me at the stake; it's usually the minority that like that kind of thing. I just hope they don't get in charge of the flow! "

Trust me, I don't want to steal your thunder and take charge of the forum. I know my place in the pecking order here - I am the peasant and you are the philosopher king. What is bull to you is discussion material to me - just because you think you are above me doesn't mean you are above the topic.

Your humble servant - Scott

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins