Back to Home

Bigbang Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Big Bang | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Jesus Is God And The Holy Spirit Is God And God The Father Is Go

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on October 11, 2003 02:17:41 UTC

In Revelations Jesus is described as the Lamb of God, e.g.,

Rev.21
[9] Then came one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls full of the seven last plagues, and spoke to me, saying, "Come, I will show you the Bride, the wife of the Lamb."
[14] And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and on them the twelve names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.
[22] And I saw no temple in the city, for its temple is the Lord God the Almighty and the Lamb.
[23] And the city has no need of sun or moon to shine upon it, for the glory of God is its light, and its lamp is the Lamb.
[27] But nothing unclean shall enter it, nor any one who practices abomination or falsehood, but only those who are written in the Lamb's book of life.
Rev.22
[1] Then he showed me the river of the water of life, bright as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb
[3] There shall no more be anything accursed, but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it, and his servants shall worship him;

Over and over again we see the text saying

"the Lord God the Almighty and the Lamb"

A clear distinction is made. But I find such a distinction lacking in the theory of the Trinity.

Regarding the Holy Ghost, those words do not even appear. What does appear is holy spirit, as for example in the Father of Jesus.

Matt.1
[18] Now the birth of Jesus Christ took place in this way. When his mother Mary had been betrothed to Joseph, before they came together she was found to be with child of the Holy Spirit;
[20] But as he considered this, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream, saying, "Joseph, son of David, do not fear to take Mary your wife, for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Spirit;

Matt.12
[32] And whoever says a word against the Son of man will be forgiven; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come.

Here we see that the Holy Spirit has a higher place than even Jesus in the Godhead. Since Matthew says that the holy spirit is the father of Jesus, is it not logical to claim that God and the Holy Spirit are one and the same, but that Jesus is separate.

I have no problem with them all being gods. But I have a problem with the three-fold equivalence of the Trinity concept.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins