Back to Home

Bigbang Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Big Bang | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Thou Shalt Stop Going To Church ?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Eric Clark on October 9, 2003 13:54:35 UTC

RE: * Moses taught us that when two commandments are in conflict, we should look for the underlying principle that makes both commandments true, rather than reject one or the other or both (like the atheists). This applies to all religious conflicts as the same god is worshipped in all religions *
RE: * Again there is one god, the same for all religions. The differences are of human origin *
RE: * You see if you look hard enough, all religions say the same thing *
RE: RE: RE: Three answers in one.
If one religion says that God had a Son and another religion says that God did not have a Son, these are two different God’s – The same God cannot have a Son and not have a Son. If you wish to believe this is possible, there is no logical reasoning with you.
God teaches us to follow His principles. Where did Moses teach finding a underlying principle that makes both true ? ( Isn’t this the religion of Relativism ? Is Relativism absolutely true ? )
God has a Son. God does not have a Son. What principle makes both of these true ?

RE: *All religions have the same god. You seem to think there are many gods. That is blasphemy *
That there are other gods is implicit by God in the first of the Ten Commandments.
There are indeed many gods, but only one living God. Watching football is a god of many. Anything that supercedes a relationship with Christ is a god.

RE: * The Holy Rosary is the most prominent Christian mantra. I do realize that Jesus said that we should not be repeatitive in prayer. *
Please do not confuse non-Christian practices with Christianity.
Many “Churches” have heretical teaching. This is one in the Roman Catholic Chrurch.
Many Churches that claim to be “Christian”, are not. Did not Jesus teach that many would come in His name ?

RE: * Jesus never said he died to pay for my sin. *
He did not have to “say” those “specific” words or phrase. He showed you.

RE: * We believers can never determine if our actions are just to get into heaven, or actually completely benevolent. Its the belivers who are at a disadvantage it this case *
True believers in Jesus Christ can be certain that our actions can never get us into heaven.
True believers in Jesus Christ can also be certain of the One who’s action got us into heaven.

RE: * Where did Jesus teach that[obedience to God is part of loving God]. He actually taught that obedience to the Law of Moses is necessry, as summed up by the above paragraph plus loving thy neighbor, and thy enemy. *
“Thou shalt love the Lord thy God” – Can you “love God” without “obeying” this commandment ?

RE: * If you want to obey him, stop going to church. *
What church ? Which church ? Define “church” please – it is used differently by so many.
Help, I cannot find this in the Bible => Jesus answered and said, “Thou shalt stop going to church.”
Do you know how many people we can share the love of God with at various churches ?
There are many lost people at many churches.

RE: * God does guide and in fact has spoken to me, but not nearly as often as I speak to him/her. He has inspired me to write all these comments above that may test your faith. *
Is your God a him or a her ? Did he she lie by saying “I am He”. I do believe something did inspire you to write, to be sure, but I just do not believe it was the God who created the universe. ( James 1:14 ; I John 4:1 )

RE: * God wants you to be strong in your faith but not narrow minded. *
I agree, but that does not mean to be mush minded. While I do strive not to be narrow minded, THE WAY that leads to eternal life is narrow, and few there be that find it.

RE: * God gave us many different ways to understand him and his needs. Science is the last kind of religion that he gave us. All scientists develop theories on the basis of inspiration. Even experimentalists are often inspired in developing the experiments. So please do not reject any gift of understanding from god, even if it semingly contradicts christianity. *
God did not give any religions. Science is of God, but Science, as a religion, is not of God. Yes, we all may develop ideas based on inspiration, though inspiration for some is most often of men ( or self ). Call me broad minded, but it is not wrong to reject gifts of understanding that are not inspired by God and do not agree with His Word.

RE: * God has inspired me to develop a model of the supernatural. It is published in QuantumMind 2003 a conference held in Tuscan, Arizona last spring. The paper is called, "A Dark Matter Model of Consciousness". It provides a scientific basis for revelation, heaven, reincarnation and salvation. I'll provide a link if you are interested.******************************
Inspired by God ? Does this mean it is perfect (error free) ?

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins