Back to Home

Bigbang Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Big Bang | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Searching For The Truth

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on October 1, 2003 13:07:48 UTC

Dear brother, I am glad that you are searching for the truth.
My greatest hope is only that you continue to search and take the necessary time to discern one thing from another rather than assuming all things can exist together as truth.

***The truth is there is but one god***

Some will try to teach you that they can, but this even goes against scientific principles.
Can you believe that 1 + 1 = 2 and also believe that 1 + 1 = 0 ?
This is just an analogy to help you understand that when presented with two things that conflict, they cannot both be correct.

***Moses taught us that when two commandments are in conflict, we should look for the underlying principle that makes both commandments true, rather than reject one or the other or both (like the atheists). This applies to all religious conflicts as the same god is worshipped in all religions***

A true Atheist would likely tell you that you cannot be a true Atheist and a true Christian at the same time. As a Christian, I pray you will learn that you cannot be a true Christian and ALSO be an Atheist, or a Buddhist or a Moslem or a Hindu, etc. The list of “religions” seems to grow almost daily.

***Again there is one god, the same for all religions. The differences are of human origin***

This is not to say that you cannot “act” and “claim” to be both a Christian and a follower of another religion.
True Christianity is not about “acting” like a Christian or “claiming” to be a Christian, though there are many that do this and Jesus taught that many would in Matthew 7:21-23.

No, Christianity is not about “practicing” religion at all..
It is about having a personal relationship with the One who created you and loves you.

***All religions have practices like prayer for example. How can you have a personal relationship without prayer?***

The Old Testament was written to help teach by example and by pattern.
To “talk of them” does not mean repeating a mantra. (Deuteronomy 6:7)
It means to share God and His living word.
Christianity is not about repeating any sort of mantra. (Matthew 6:7)

***The Holy Rosary is the most prominent Christian mantra. I do realize that Jesus said that we should not be repeatitive in prayer. But he also said we should pray in a closet. So every day you go to church you are breaking a fundamentally new command of Jesus. What do you think Jesus thinks of that. If you have a relationship with him, you should at least respect his wishes***

It is about loving the Lord Jesus Christ with all your heart
because He showed you “grace” when He died to pay for your sin.

**Jesus never said he died to pay for my sin. Someone else said that. What is true is that when I die, he will be there to help me get across the divide. But this is exactly what is said in the Tibetian Book of the Dead, a Buddhist text. It says the Lord of Great Compassion is available for all for salvation. You see if you look hard enough, all religions say the same thing***

“Grace” is unmerited favor. It is something God shows you because He loves you.
“Grace” is a gift. You can never earn it or deserve it.
“Grace” – It is offered freely.

***This is eactly what the Tibetian Book of the Dead also says***

You need only accept it by believing that Jesus died for you.
Through believing by faith, your love toward Him will lead you to repentance.

***According to Jesus your beliefs can be cold, and he will still help you. Actually an atheist who is charitable and good towards others is held in higher regard in heaven because that goodness is not done just to get into heaven. We believers can never determine if our actions are just to get into heaven, or actually completely benevolent. Its the belivers who are at a disadvantage it this case***

Yes, Moses gave God’s commandment that we should love our God with all our heart, and with all our soul, and with all our intention. Jesus repeated this same commandment, but Jesus taught that obedience to God is part of loving God.

***Where did Jesus teach that. He actually taught that obedience to the Law of Moses is necessry, as summed up by the above paragraph plus loving thy neighbor, and thy enemy.***

Indeed, if I do not try to obey Him, do I really love Him ?

***If you want to obey him, stop going to church. ***

God commanded us not to have any other gods before Him.
He is omnipresent and we are always before Him in His sight, for He looks on the heart.
How then can one follow after other religions and still obey ?

***All religions have the same god. You seem to think there are many gods. That is blasphemy***

My love to you and my prayer that you will ask God to guide you.

***God does guide and in fact has spoken to me, but not nearly as often as I speak to him/her. He has inspired me to write all these comments above that may test your faith.

I pray that you keep the faith and make it stronger, but rid yourself of false beliefs that may someday undermine your faith. God wants you to be strong in your faith but not narrow minded.

God gave us many different ways to understand him and his needs. Science is the last kind of religion that he gave us. All scientists develop theories on the basis of inspiration. Even experimentalists are often inspired in developing the experiments. So please do not reject any gift of understanding from god, even if it semingly contradicts christianity.

God has inspired me to develop a model of the supernatural. It is published in QuantumMind 2003 a conference held in Tuscan, Arizona last spring. The paper is called, "A Dark Matter Model of Consciousness". It provides a scientific basis for revelation, heaven, reincarnation and salvation. I'll provide a link if you are interested.******************************

Richard aka yanniru

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins