Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
A True Consensus

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Benjamin Nelson on February 14, 2001 22:51:02 UTC

Alexander:

I appreciate more of what you say than I let on here, but you seem more interested in an argument than anything else and I just can't see much sense in wracking my mind just to knock you off your balance. Besides, we've had this discussion before, and to do so again would be like sitting in front of an un-tuned kettledrum. I do, however, envy your situation in that you seem to be comfortably lock-stepped with a consistent viewpoint, and at the same time I can't take your talk as seriously as I could if I knew you were forging it yourself.

Furthermore, we are not going to solve any mad riddles by mounting attacks on each other. Your comments on American education have about as much effect as if I talked about your prose -- neither of which matters a rat's Language Removed. Still, I know you feel qualified on this matter, but you might have trouble mounting a true consensus without the help of a loaded pistol. Besides, I myself am not American, nor was I trained in any American academic institution. Be that as it may, this discussion is not -- nor should it be -- about me.

I suppose I should explain here that none of what I say implies a loss of faith in your brain, but I can't help but get excited when you throw this kind of hash at me. As I've said before, you're capable of much, much more.

B. L. Nelson

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins