Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Quit Hating!!

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by M.malach on August 7, 2002 07:58:44 UTC

i reside on the happy continent of North America in a country called Canada! i'm first generation Canadian in my family, my mom's from jolly old England, as was my dad---grandparents from Scotland. can't get too much more european that that! and i grew up in total diversity, i think every single culture has some very cool & unique ways about them, never had a racist thought against Anyone! don't think it should be tolerated, either.
i think you may have misunderstood me, i most certainly do not "hate" europeans---i "hate" No One! well...OK, i lied, i hate child molesters/killers & individuals who force their will on others (stake-burning qualifies here too) but just because there are bad apples in Every culture, that's no reason to hate the whole tree, n'est pas?
and yes, my country has pretty much the same kind of loot-&-plunder history as the other 2 countries on this continent & yes, i am ashamed of what was done to the native people here---it irks me when the nasty reality of history is wrapped up like in a neat little package & stashed away. & then we make up happy little stories to tell the kiddies---hmph!!
i'm sorry but there's a lot of Language Removed in this world & no amount of bible waving or having our heads buried in sand, is going to fix any of it! look at what does happen when you mix religion & politics together---you get a handful of fascists bent on destroying everything that has no meaning to them, the middle east is a fine example of the "all for us & none for you" attitude against their own people... as long as greed & money are The motivation, things will Never change. i feel for those civilians over there, they've got nothing left and yet they're still losing more---like the young babies they are training the finer points of how to kill with a gun, some of them don't even look 10 years old! where Is that "god" anyway?

peace!

ps-where are you from?

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins