Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Your Advice On That Is Worthless At The Moment

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Whittier on August 7, 2002 13:01:11 UTC

Hi, anonymous. You might be more "irked" after you read my sassy replies, but theres's a lot to what I reply. We do need a more honest, knowledgable world ...and that starts with terse discussions like this sometimes.

You wrote:
"i...never had a racist thought against Anyone!"

You made racist statements in the previous post.
It's not about where your body ate things...it's about what your mind does.

You wrote:
"i think you may have misunderstood me..."

Just going by what you wrote. Sometimes I'll share blame, but not on this one, stranger.

You wrote:
"i am ashamed of what was done to the native people here"

Rightly so, for it was the kind of crazy, ignorant ranting you exhibit which accompanied policy-making that did what evil was done.
Folks everywhere have been overrun by other folks. I'm for being fair, and fully comprehend the Early Americans are a group victimized by later arrivers...and it's still going on with new waves! Why don't you also rant about what was done to your own ancestors? Europe is the smallest continent and has been overrun or invaded en masse so many times that we are descended from those invaders...

You wrote:
"---it irks me when the nasty reality of history is wrapped up like in a neat little package & stashed away."

I completed a minor in history and have done lots of personal reading. Your knowledge of history is what shows a great avoidance of the subject!

"then we make up happy little stories to tell the kiddies---hmph!!
i'm sorry but there's a lot of Language Removed in this world"

Don't include me in your we or your Language Removed.

"...you get a handful of fascists bent on destroying everything..."

Yes, that is the normal condition of the world, regardless of what book they wave. At least the Bible, in its primeval way, and the Constitution have in them a story pointing toward rationality
and kindness. The Bible is not the law on Earth,
and with its contradictions, must be seen for having accompanied bad government as well as having helped inspire a rise toward modernity.
Did you prefer the world without the Bible?
There was an enormous amount of savagery inherent in humanity. That's a lesson of evolution...that we're naturally savages! What do you know of past civilizations. They were frequently having wars, as were the folks who came to this continent from Asia etc. longer ago than your ancestors or mine.

You wrote
"...as long as greed & money are The motivation, things will Never change.

Instant gratification is something that also inflates opinions. Everyone is an expert, and nobody actually has to know what they're ranting about...not university professors either! They don't HAVE to know what they're talking about. Of course, some of them do.

You wrote:
"i feel for those civilians over there, they've got nothing left and yet they're still losing more---like the young babies they are training the finer points of how to kill with a gun, some of them don't even look 10 years old! where Is that "god" anyway?

peace! "

That's a good question for further discussion.
If you study the history, you will also find it's a question you want to tread lightly about. In some religions, intense human emotions come into play when we discuss someone else's "God"

You wrote:
ps-"where are you from?"

I've posted that information. I don't consider geography to be so important. More important is what books you've read or courses attended.
I have a bachelor's degree in liberal arts with sociology and biology depth areas. I have an associate degree in public affairs and further coursework in various subjects.
How about you?

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins