Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Answers

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Mario Dovalina on May 16, 2002 17:04:49 UTC

"Once again, I did not make these up"

I could have guessed. :-)

"Where are the thousands of transitional fossils that should be there if evolution is true?"

You have to let go of the notion that there is a difference between a species and a transitional species, for slow evolution. I posted that link with many many examples of species to species evolution, and I will sum it up for you, but the information is there.

"If astronomers received an intelligent radio signal from a distant galaxy, most people would conclude that it came from an intelligent source. Why, then, doesn’t the vast information (1,000 books of 500 pages each of coded information) stored in just one human cell imply an intelligent source?"

Please. The astronomy thing is a terrible example, and I'll tell you why. What seperates an intelligent signal from a natural one is the range of hertz that it transmits it. If it's all over the place (white noise) then it's natural. But if it broadcasts over a very narrow range of freqs (like 2-3 hertz) then it's artificial. No known natural transmission can produce a signal this narrow. It's why, when you're tuning a radio, it's white noise for a while, but when you get near to a station, you hear that squeal. The content of the message does not matter, just the way in which it is delivered.

And it's silly to say that a system (particularly a self-correcting system like an ecosystem) cannot get complex given a large amount of time.

"Since many plants are almost totally dependent upon insects for pollination and reproduction, how did such plants survive for thousands, millions, or billions of years until insects finally evolved and got here? In order words, explain how you account for the intricate design mechanism of biological pollination."

You're using current plant lifecycles as an example, first of all. That's flawed. Many plants (ferns, for instance, which are ancient) require no pollinization to reproduce. Only newer, specialized plants do.

"Which came first, DNA or the proteins needed by DNA --- which can only be produced by DNA? --- Seems to me, the only Scientific answer is that it all had to be Created at the same time!"

No, the amino acids formed proteins which eventually formed a self-replicating molecule. It was probably so simple that calling it 'DNA' may even my a misnomer.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins