Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Thank You Mario

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Scott Abernathy on May 16, 2002 17:37:20 UTC

Finally a little rational thought. Your cries, I'm afraid, are falling on deaf ears though. kc2gwx will not even admit to being ignorant of the nature of science. He/she will not admit to the possibility that his/her beliefs could be wrong. That is science, isn't it? Knowing that given new information that is testable and consitent with observation you must change your world views. Creationism is absolute and evolution is a work in progress. It is as simple as that.

"4. If the solar system evolved, why do three planets spin backwards? Why do at least 6 moons revolve backwards?"

What does this have to do with evolution? How is this proof of creationism? Why would a creator decide to pick 3 planets and 6 moons to be different than the rest? Was God feeling a little frisky on the day he created the planets? Absurd! The fact is that someone is grasping at straws. You have no clue what or why you are arguing. You are just blowing off trying to push peoples buttons. I respect that because it allows me to reaffirm my own beliefs. You are certainly not changing anyones opinion, just as I am not changing your opinion. You are wholly ignorant of the nature of science and evolutionary theory. You are not an ignorant man, though. I am positive that you are intelligent and articulate. You don't need to drop your belief in God or the bible to accept some aspects of evolution. You must change how you perceive God and what our place, as humans, is on the earth and in the cosmos. All life is special, fragile, and connected. Why can't you see that being closer to other organisms, genetically, doesn't drag us through the mud - but rather enobles us and the other organisms. Hope you open your mind up more in the years to come, because your crusade will only bring you heartache and mental anguish. How old are you? Do you go to school?

Scott

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins