Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Sorry

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on May 11, 2002 16:20:35 UTC

But it is the entire sum that you use in your derivation

***Now, having proved that, let us open up F to any set of arguments. And let us also open
up psi to any function. Now F*psi is no longer zero!

However, the constraint F*psi=0 is the one I want to satisfy. Now notice that F is a
massive sum! The rule F*psi = zero is not a rule on each term, it is a rule on the sum!
The rule may be satisfied without requiring any given term to be zero! ***

However, I am not terribly concerned with how you actually derived your result because I can get the nsame result without using the delta function.

I am puzzled however that you claim that Schroedinger's equation is a constant energy approximation. If so, how do you explain the energy levels that are derived using it, such as for the Hydrogen atom.

If you knew physics you would know that Harvard has been at the forefront of the quest to unify physics. So I conclude that you just do not know.

I also must note your characteristic of attacking the individual when you have difficutly defending your work. However, I welcome this characterictic when directed at me. You and Mike have been personality education, my personality.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins