Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
I Hope I Understood You Correctly. No Pun Intended!

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Mohammad Isa Mirsiam on December 11, 2001 03:49:57 UTC

IN THE NAME OF ALLAH, MOST MERCIFUL, MOST BENEFICENT, MOST WISE

My Dear Alexander,
The science that I concentrate on and know of the most is jurisprudence theology. As for the rest of the sciences I rely on textbooks, which I use as references, in order to be able to establish a dialogue with others in their particular field.

It seems that the problem with communication is not so much with the quantity of knowledge one holds (because most of us have access to text books that relate to the sciences many sciences) but with the establishing a framework upon which to build a meaningful dialogue. Perhaps we should accept the suggestion you brought up and add to it. We should, perhaps, attach a text reference (or a written formula/equation in words and in numbers) to each of our arguments. Then we can present our case without reaching conclusions that have been founded upon arguments without proof.

What do you think about this concept? I will be more than happy to supply mathematical and literature (Logic in the written word form) as proof for what I believe in if you are also willing to include some literature (Logic in the written word form). You see I understand the language of mathematics well when I pick up my mathematics books and read the text. I suppose that you could say my expertise is mostly in the word problems leading to systems of equations. Perhaps I could help you with your word problems and you could help me with my mathematics problems on this forum. Ask anyone on this forum about your ability to express your concerns. I am almost certain that the honest reply will be that you do have a problem with expressing your various concerns with words. I hope you will be able to deduce the problem some of us might be confronted with when some of us communicate with you. I share the same problem as you do except that mine is with the numeric end of the spectrums of mathematics.

Here is an example of a word problem:
You wrote:
'those without "natural" background do not tend to learn new things IF those things contradict their belief.'

My comment:
To me your choice of word (and sometimes words) is mathematically misplaced. The word natural is that which implies to nature. We all are associated to nature in one way or another so your argument, which you present as words, is flawed or incomplete. The flaw in the choice of words dose not imply that one, who is well educated in words, can not understand you but it makes it very difficult to respond to what you may expect to hear because you may be incapable of understanding the response (which the recipient will have corrected in order to understand clearly what exactly you are stating) because the recipient of your words has made some sense of the written aspects of your concerns and replied in a language which has not been deciphered to your level of understanding. It seems, to me also, that you are making a legitimate inquiry in to the problem of our inability to understand one another on this forum. We all seem to suffer from deficiencies in some sciences.

As ever humbled in the presence of Allah (G_D),
Mohammad
(Jisbond)

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins