Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Improved Typos

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Michael W. Pearson on December 12, 2001 20:37:00 UTC

"jisbond" (the self-styled) theological jurisprudent) wrote:
? I will be more than happy to supply mathematical and literature (Logic in the written word form) as proof for what I believe in if you are also willing to include some literature (Logic in the written word form).

I respond:
I offered to proved Jesus is God by use of impeccable logic and so on, about two weeks ago.
Nobody called me on it. Good. It's a lot of work and probably very little reward.
I would not presume by this math to set up an
Earthly judge of religious law. Jesus' Kingdom is not of this world.
Many persons in the world yearn more for the fairness inherent in impeccable logic than we yearn for a lot of hairy humans (or bald ones) to pound their robes and pretend to speak for the Creator of the Universe in matters as weighty as civil rights.
Strangely, the Soviet Union and Communist China
didn't mind killing millions strictly for what those persons thought or said. This is more similar to Medieval Christianity or Medieval Islam
than to modern thought.

As the father of Modern Chemistry, Antoine Lavoisier said (paraphrased),"Science is indistinguishable from language." (some years before he was deprived of his life by a phony court in the chaos following the French Revolution.

If both sides in an argument cannot freely criticize the point without fear of physical penalty, science must cower while horrible
thinking comes out to rule.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins