Back to Home

Meade Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Meade Equipment Discussion | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re; 10 Vs 12

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Bob Sal on October 25, 2001 12:40:02 UTC

Hi Robert;
I own a 12" LX200. I saw 2 different 10" LX200's and one 12" before making my decision. After see the 12" I couldn't get the 10". There's a big difference. There's not much difference between the 8" and the 10", but when you get to 12", something happens. Globular clusters resolve in the center, in the 10" just around the edges. Many more galaxies appear, I see some down to 14th magnitude on a clear night. I split double stars down to 1 arc second. One night I saw a dark red spot inside the great red spot on Jupiter. You won't be disappointed with the 12". The old LX200 12" is only 10 lbs. heavier than the 10" and you get the giant field tripod which is outstanding. If you get the 10", every time you see a 12" you'll be upset. If you have the extra money and you can hanle it, get the 12".
That's it;
BOB SAL

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins