Back to Home

Meade Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Meade Equipment Discussion | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
CCD's For The LX200

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Robert Koenig on November 15, 2001 21:09:03 UTC

Hi Bob,
Yes the LX200 is pretty much set up for just about anything I can imagine in astronomy. I'm suprised you haven't purchasesd a CCD yet. The cost is considerable though, particularly if you get a good one. My next purchase after the telescope will be a CCD. I have been doing considerable research on them. The Meades (as usual) seem to be the best for the dollar. And perhaps just best all around. I'm kind of torn between the 216XT, and the 416XTE though. The 1616 (I think it is called), is just too far beyond my budget. I've been told (by the salesman) to save my money and when ready, get the 416. Like always, I just want to do this once. The 416 is much faster, and has a larger chip, though I believe the photo quality between the two is equal. I like the real time attributes of the 416.

Any thoughts on this?

My girl friend (who is my ex wife) thinks that if I get the CCD, that I should also get the color filter system. She is probably right, though it costs as much as the 216. The technology is pretty incredible. The pixles tell the filter system which color to put up, and for how long. Pretty neat.

Robert Koenig
Lake Tahoe CA

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins