Back to Home

Meade Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Meade Equipment Discussion | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
10" VS 12"

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Robert Koenig on October 25, 2001 21:10:38 UTC

Thanks for the input Bob Sal! I wish I could actualy compare the scopes at a store; however I live in a rural area, and this would be very difficult. It sounds like you are extremely impressed with the 12" LX200. Is yours a GPS unit? I take that back since Meade still hasn't started shipping the GPS units yet. When you look at say Jupiter through your 12", how large is the image with respect to the total field of view? I imagine it depends on the eye piece lens, but about what percent does it take up? I've reserved a 10" scope, so I need to get back in touch with the supplier, and change it to a 12". Another thousand bucks. When I first started looking at scopes, I was in the five hundred dollar bracket, but like you said, I'd be sick if I bought the 10", knowing what I was missing with the 12", and I only want to do this once, at least for several years. Have you ever looked through a 16"?

Thanks for your help,
Robert Koenig
Lake Tahoe CA

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins