Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Do Youfollow Christ Or Paul

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on May 29, 2001 18:48:36 UTC

Dear Brian, What is the point of believing in Jesus if you ignore what he told you to do. It is very clear in the bible that Jesus says that you have to keep all the laws of Moses. It seems as Yunus points out that Christians follow the directions of Saul/Paul rather than Jesus.

When I was still a Christian I attended a bible class at work. That is when I learned that Jesus essentially commanded us to keep all the laws of Moses. As a result I converted to Judiasm because I take what Jesus tells me to do very seriously. I think most christians are just too complacent to be bothered.

In Judiasm there are more important laws, less important laws and laws that can no longer be followed for technical reasons. The Red Heiffer no longer exists and the temple no longer exists. That eliminates the laws you mention above for technical reasons (which I think may be an act of god). Humans do not have to abolish outdatted laws- god has taken care of that.

But there are very important laws that god said we are bound, all humanity, are bound to keep forever. The most important is the birth of the universe and Yom Kippur. Both are commanded by god to be observed forever. Both are ignored by christians.

What I cannot understand is that the small number of christians who believe that the universe is only some 6,000 years old still do not observe the birthday of the universe, especially when god commanded it forever. I think you all got taken in by Paul. You sure he was not a mole. He spent the first half of his life fighting christians. Maybe he decided to jion up and corrupt christianity from within.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins