Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Christ

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Brian E. Sloan on May 30, 2001 12:09:08 UTC

Yanniru, I hope I answered question about the Law in my resonse to Yanus above.

You are correct of course that the Temple does not presently exist, it was destroyed in 70 AD by the Romans as predicted by Daniel the prophet. I mis-spoke and stand corrected. However, there is a move afoot to restore it by some present-day Jews, if you like I can get a URL that tells of it.

I am not dogmatic about my belief that the universe is 6000 yrs old. Also, I consider this [and Darwinism] to be peripheral issues in spiritual terms ie I don’t think anyone is going to Hell for believing in evolution or conventional Big Bang cosmology.

Having said that though, it is hard to square belief in evolution with the Bible many reasons. For example death came as a result of sin, and if evolution is true then there was a whole lot of death prior to sin. Or take Mathew 24:37 where Jesus says "As the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the son of man be." This is a refernce to Noahs Flood pertaining to the last days. The problem here is, that Jesus believed in the flood of Noah, and either He suffered from the same delusion I do, or there was a flood. If there was a flood, there should be billions of animals encased in sedimentary rocks. But, if you question this statement by Christ, what rational basis is left to defend his statement "The Kingdom of Heaven is at hand"

Brian

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins