Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Atri, Which 'gospel'?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by GwynJ on December 12, 2000 01:06:22 UTC

Caveat: scripture follows, folks - go to another thread if you wish. Atri, if you care to continue scripture 'comparisons', I invite you to email me at madamemac@earthlink.net so the others may more thoroughly enjoy the SCIENCE balance of the 'God and Science' forum they prefer.

But, Atri - Verily I say unto you, lest the masses be mislead, when Islam and Christianity are discussed in the same forum it is important to note from which 'Bible' you are quoting. The Christian one does not match yours, apparently. For instance, when you said recently:

Jesus answered: 'And ye; what say ye that I am?'
Peter answered: 'Thou art Christ, son of God.'
You said: "Then was Jesus angry, and with anger rebuked him"; Matthew 16:17 says Jesus replied BLESSED ARE YOU because flesh and blood did not reveal this to you, but My Father who is in heaven" (that last part is where he says he IS the son of God also).

Jesus DID say: 'Begone and depart from me, because thou art the devil...' when one was trying to talk him out of allowing himself to die like he did.

Thank you, again, for yet another opportunity to look more closely at the words and works of Jesus.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins