Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Limitations? I Think Not.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Rich on November 14, 2000 01:17:32 UTC

Not that I don't think, but try this quote from the Hua Hu Ching:
"Kind Prince, what do you think? Can the space of the four directions, as well as above and below, which consitute the profound vastness of the universe, be measured by the mind?"

"No, Venerable teacher."

"Kind Prince, the mind is just as immeasurable as the vast universe..."

I agree with this statement. (Circle gets the square!)

We limit our minds to think that we have these imagined limitations. To think that we can not ponder god is silly. Our imaginations can take our mind anywhere. We know of a fourth dimension of hyperspace, yet we live in the third dimension. How is such a thing possible when we can not see it or ever exist in it? Because our mind can conceive it. Our minds are wonderous tools that very few use. Religious people are the greatest of wasters of their mind for they waste their life trying to put meaning into their religion when they could be putting meaning into their life. So sad. Glad I'm not part of that.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins