Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Ah, Thank You...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by GwynJ on November 28, 2000 03:03:38 UTC

' Jesus said accept little and question a lot' - this was referring to the teachers that were going to come, see if what they are saying is borne up with the word. he appreciates informed conclusions and wisdom (it seems to me).

When he said those who did not question 'are all well and good too', as you said,he was appreciating (it seems) those who trusted him to speak the truth and do as he promised.

Did I clarify that there are two different things going on here, which don't really conflict with each other but give a better spectrum of what his attitude was?

I think it is unfortunate when some people try to tell others 'NEVER' question, just believe, as if questioning is a negative thing in and of itself. He said a few times we'd taste and see the truth is good, that it's not just a bunch of words unsupported by loving action. When some of the disciples were baptising folks and complained, hey jesus these other guys are baptising too, he said well, at least they're speaking my name and folks are thinking of me, don't worry so much about it.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins