Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Immortality

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Lance Yates on September 30, 2000 11:50:16 UTC

O.K. let me ask this. To me the sheer mathematical odds of us being the most intelligent beings in the cosmos is hard to believe. Also, the odds that somewhere else a society of intelligent beings are "only as an example" about 10,000 years ahead of us technologically. And they reached the ability of immortality 8000 years ago. Now they have the ability to travel here at will. If you are immortal to spend long times in space travel would not be a big deal. So is it so hard to believe that someone cultivated us here?
If you were immortal, and yes I believe we will be able ourselves in the future, and will choose to live forever instead of death, you could have started the entire biological explosion here on our planet.
Being immortal would have allowed the ability to have witnessed the advancement of all the species that have lived on this planet.
I for one would pay anything to have the chance to travel somewhere in the cosmos to visit a planet that would be close to our`s when the dinosaurs ruled the earth.
But getting back on the subject. So a superior society with a leader came here, started our biological explosion, assisted in planting or creating all or some of the species that ever lived. Keeping in mind that possibly they themselves even presently cannot live here because biologically they require different needs.
And you finally cultivated a creature "us" that was the most intelligent and creative of all.
As your prize creation started advancing you would intervene only when nessecary to prevent "us" from erradicating ourselves from the earth. And you would have to do this in a way that hopefully they or "us" would accept or understand. Remember if we positively were to know we were being cultivated we would most likely revolt or demand the immortality our keepers already have. As we advance technologically, socially, and emotionally, possibly we could accept them at the level that they would prefer, not as gods to worship, but as keepers or helpers to advance our society as they
did.
Do I have positive proof that my theory is correct? No, but to me it makes more sense than anything I have heard from religions or pure science. The curiosity in "us" is what promoted tools, travel, space exploration, and technology as we know it today.
I just hope that I live long enough to witness when another "more advanced" society or our possible "keepers" have decided we have qualified or matured to a level that they can or will finally make themselves known. Hope I did`nt bore you. A silly optimist, Lance

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins