Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
That's True

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Mario Dovalina on November 3, 2004 02:22:36 UTC

Although you've never been one to treat current scientific thought as ontological fact. I'm just raising possibilities, is all.

"one can argue that causality in the universe is a consequence of God (i.e., God as 'truth', God as 'logic', God as 'mathematical order', etc)."

Right, it all depends on what you feel like defining "God" as. Ancient people called the sun God, same thing. My goal is to remove the word "God" from my mental vocabulary without removing the sense of wonder and awe that that term evokes.

"I think the premise that the universe is eternal without there being a 'God' is more problematical than the universe being infinite or finite as a result of God's existence."

Why? The only justification for that that I can see is that God is a more nebulous concept that can fit any hole you feel like putting it into.

"How's life? Are you still pursuing engineering?"

Yeah, but it came to my attention that electrical engineering is the best argument I've ever seen for the existence of Satan. I'm a civil engineer now.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins