Happy Halloween

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Hail King G. W. Bush And The Global Economy...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Mark on June 4, 2003 19:51:27 UTC

I've seen some things on the news lately that have been troubling me.

I'm sure everybody's been exposed to at least one of the rumors concerning the Global Elite Conspiracy, Freemasonry, the "hidden agenda", secret societies, Bilderbergs, Skull & Bones, Rockerfellers, Rothschilds, World Police, etc...

I usually just brush them off as paranoia coming from a cult or militia of some sort, that during some of their many acid trips and target practice sessions they have come upon a resolve to overthrow an evil conspiring government and "free the people". I mean don't get me wrong, some of the conspiracy theories have some eerily truthful seeming elements.

But look at what's happening:

1) FCC votes to overturn a law that restricts corporate juggernaughts to own smaller local TV and radio stations, and newspapers. Now we have the same ol' problem that we had in the days of Rockefeller and Standard Oil: the centralization and monopolization of an industry by means of "bigger corporation swallows up smaller corporation". Ask China how do you control the masses; "Why, by controlling the output of information to the public of course," would be a likely reply (that is, if they wanted to admit it publicly).

2) Bush sets up an outpost in the Middle East whereby now American influence in the region is unquestionably stronger, and makes a bold statement to our enemies, namely: "Don't screw with us." Terrorism and WMD is our justification, oil is our prized plunder, the testing of new weapons technologies (mostly recon drones (UAVs), smart bombs, and GPS targeting) was a success, and under the veil of "diplomacy", the worlds sole superpower will force the Iraqis to set up an American type government whereby American interests will be central to the issues at hand.

3) "Let's allow the UN to vote, that is, unless they happen to disagree in which case America gets to decide what's in the best interest of America, uh-hmmm, I mean, the world." and "This is not an illegal war, well yes it is, but what are you going to do about it?"

4) Gun-control, cameras on street corners, centralization of media (let's scare everybody all day long and raise the terror threat level to orange, that'll justify anything we do. It's all in the name of public safety!), CIA now allowed to spy inland (as opposed to only being allowed to operate off US soil), FBI no longer has to have probable cause for detaining inmates (hey, whatever happened to Habeas Corpus?), the stripping of American freedoms one by one so we can be "safe" from Bin Laden.

I'm in no way Anti-American. I love this country, but I do have a few questions about what's going on and our future as a free nation. Hey, anybody read Animal Farm?

How about this one, a privately owned company prints our currency which is backed by nothing and then charges our government (the people) interest to use it. How do you pay off a debt? Why, work hard of course, for the rest of your life if you have to. Even though the outstanding balance hardly ever goes down (credit cards are evil I tell ya!) you better hope you can at least keep up with the interest! By the way, if you have personal debt you must pay 50% of your income to taxes first and then pay it with whatever is left over. The government gets its cut, then the bankers get theirs. Whether you build cars in a factory, dig ditches, sweep floors, or design classified computer software for the US military, you must work to pay off (or at least pay on) your debt! You must listen to what the media deems right and wrong lest you be a social outcast (so no more smoking, no spanking children, and no talking bad about our savior Bush (hey you don't want to be unpatriotic do you?)).

Work, come home and watch TV, and whatever you do, don't ask questions unless Peter Jennings or Chris Matthews brings it up first. Let them tackle the tough issues of today, you just focus on that never-ending debt. Oh yeah, just let Bush do the Job he was hired for, I mean voted into office for, I mean had a miscount overturned in Florida for... ah it don't matter anyways. By the way, it's about time to lose another freedom... which will it be, the freedom to privacy or the freedom of speech, no hey I got it, give up all your guns to the state! Now you're safe from Bin Laden and eachother!

Let's just go to one world currency (so far the prototype "the Euro" has done well), one world government (abolish the UN and let a dictator rule, we don't need all the petty squabbling amongst nations), centralize the media (Sadaam did a great job at that, as well as Kim Jong II) and oppress the sheep, I mean people, into slavery by offering "Zero Down, no payments for 6 months!".

And to any nation that disagrees... ever heard the words, "Shock and Awe"?

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2018 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins