Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Nothingness Cannot Be Measured, Even With The Label Of Zero

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Phil.O.Sofir on April 9, 2000 08:09:01 UTC

Zero means devoid/nothingness/no movement or change, but it is applied to things which exist, even when applied to the negative, they still are being applied to something specific, even if it is only other numbers.
There is one (non)thing that has (non)properties without using numbers which makes it difficult to discuss.
What I mean by this is the nothingness of space between and even where the matter resides (everywhere)throughout the endless universe.
Every time I think of this subject it hurts my head and I dwell on it for days/weeks.
It is the only thing that makes sense in allowing (giving) space for all that exists to reside in, mus`nt there must be area of nothingness for any thing to exist within?
Maybe this is what you have been refering to? If so, try the search button with "nothingness" and see if those discussions are anywhere near what you are thinking about, mostly poeple disregarded it, I think it is part of reality. If it is what you are refering to we can discuss it, although I think you talked of creationist beginings which do not jive with the nothingness I am describing, one which has always existed, along with matter as well in some form.
I guess we could discuss it anyway! (unclosedminded) :) Maybe I have been up to long?

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins