Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
RE: RE: RE: RE: Nothingness Cannot Be Measured, Even With The Label Of Zero

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Phi.O.Sofir on April 13, 2000 02:05:34 UTC

Of course my view of space/time is biased toward there not being any beginning of it because I do not believe it exists in the first place, space yes, distance between points yes, movement within a constant present yes, but not time as it affects anything of its own existance/properties.
As far as the universe being a void with other properties/energy before anything existed as it does now, I believe this does happen to large sections of the universe in what could be explained as big bangs, but that they do not include all the matter of the universe, are a local although huge event, the universe is simply to large (endless) and the matter to spead out for this to be the case, of couse this is assuming that these are the properties of the universe much as it is assumed in other theories that the big bang was all inclusive, that space is limited to the outer reaches of its explosive force, and that space/time is a product of it.
As far as something being percieved but not having mass/properties, the way I see it, these particals do have mass/properties although so small we cannot measure them, unlike nothingness, which cannot be percieved because it has no properties. I probably am not making much sense either, but in my mind it is perfectly possible.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins