Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Isn't This Crazy? (mainly For Mario But Everybody Welcome)

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Mark on May 25, 2003 23:25:53 UTC

Lately you may have seen my repetitive references to God's dialogue with myself through "strange experiences" I've been having. Well the other day I went home feeling a bit guilty and ashamed that I dare say God was evil for creating evil.

Maybe I'm just an "ant on an anthill trying to understand Shakespearean poetry." I can't judge and blaspheme God simply because I don't understand God; I do not have that right. A preschooler has no credibility if he/she were to reprimand Bush for his foreign policy, lest he/she has studied political science, world history, sociology, etc. (highly doubtful), or been once elected to the office of the presidency (showing experience), or at least lived enough years to understand what's going on (wisdom by white hairs) ~ (impossible for a young preschooler).

I quote myself:

~~So why create evil people and then punish them for being evil? That in itself would be evil deserving of punishment (???).~~

~~To be honest, I don't think I can debate you on this one. Perhaps you can try back in 20 years when I'm a bit older, wiser, more knowledgeable on the subject, and better with words. This one is too tough for me man, and if I did have an answer maybe I'd be a preacher. If God is a personal relationship, he hasn't yet shown me the answer which would make it SO MUCH EASIER TO BELIEVE!~~

...So I go to church today (for the second time in my life) and guess what issue the guest speaker/pastor wanted to address! He wanted to clear up any doubts that anybody may have with the logical issue of God being the creator of all (and then he adds) including evil. "A good, loving, perfect God that shuns evil," he says, "that created both good and evil seems to be self-contradictory."

Why did he choose this day, at this church, where I never go to, to address this subject? I quote myself once more:

~~If God is a personal relationship, he hasn't yet shown me the answer which would make it SO MUCH EASIER TO BELIEVE!~~

Why, I ask you again, this guest, this day, this church that I wouldn't have went to would it not have been for the nagging of my Father to choose this church over a MUCH MUCH closer and more conveniently located one? I could interpret this several ways, but I think everything just fell into place THE DAY AFTER I POSTED THAT "TOUGH TOUGH QUESTIONS" POST...

and remember I said that was my "number one issue with Christianity." After the answer he gave, I now have another question/issue, but at least he cleared that one up on the spot. The actual answer he gave is unimportant to this post, but I know you'll be dying to know so I will tell you, but not in this post. The message in this post is a coincidence that was ridiculously perfect timing and pulled many things together at once (my Dad's nagging, the guest speaker, my changing my mind to actually go to church today, etc.) This could be probability combined with a mind that wants to see things one way, or it could be deeper. But I got the answer to the question you posed, "why did a perfect and evil hating God create evil?", and that's all that counts. That was the whole point to the events that fell into place. I don't really care whether I found the answer to be satisfactory, just that I got the answer at all. (It was a pretty good answer by the way).

It didn't take 20 years after all!

P.S. I'll post the answer in response to your response to this post. It may or may not take a lot of space. What is your take on this all? Probability? Coincidence? A message? A mind predisposed to interpreting things a certain way (i.e. in the name of God)?

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins