Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Check Out My Publication!

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard D. Stafford, Ph.D. on March 30, 2003 03:46:37 UTC

Hi Russell,

You need to read:

http://home.jam.rr.com/dicksfiles/reality/Contents.htm

I just happened across your post when I posted my comment to Aurino. First, I would comment that Einstein did not "discover that space and time are not separate and immutable but are two aspects of one entity called "space-time". He hypothesized that! And his hypothesis has been accepted as fact.

Einstein's error (and believe me, it was an error) was when he presumed that "clocks measure time". This error so pervades the field that, even today, no one in the profession of physics will even consider the possibility of error. My defense of the fact that it is an error resides in a very simple statement. Relativity is based on the idea that all physical phenomena must be independent of the coordinate system used to represent the phenomena (no unique coordinate system exists).

That is a basic fact of the relativistic perspective. Now every clock conceivable by the human mind is based on some collection of physical phenomena which is repetitive. That object (the collection of phenomena referred to as a clock) must be governed by the laws of physics. It follows, as the night the day, that the readings on a clock can not be a function of the coordinate system used to display the functioning of the clock.

It follows that, if time is a coordinate of the geometry used to display the functioning referred to, there exists no device which can be constructed which will yield the correct time. Whatever it is that clocks yield, it must certainly be independent of the coordinate system used to display that phenomena.

I haven't read the rest of your post as it seems simply beside the point since you have missed the relevant issue.

Have fun -- Dick

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins