Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
And Your Source On This Political Analysis Is ...?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Whittier on July 7, 2002 19:09:34 UTC

talk radio?

Dear Jisbond,
I resist generalizing a characterization of
a whole administration as you have done.

When I am applying principles of science and ethics,I do not see the same pattern emerge which you describe. The math and the hierarchies of causation do not explain the same story to me as to you. Will you go deep on this question with us for a step or two?

I do not know whether you have spent significant time on this topic with information from authoritative sources. Talk radio is not an authoritative source because you cannot look up what was said and hold them accountable the way you can a Congressional Record.

As for corruption, the Congress was unable to
find reason to even censure the Clinton Administration on anything but consensual sex. That sex not a violation of the public trust, since they took an oath to protect the Constitution and we elected them to handle public policy. You can rightly criticize them, but you can be criticized too if you pile it on too harshly.

I think you do not know whereof you speak on some of this, although there is always room for some
criticism. Do you have a strong background in math, history, public policy, environment or law?

Besides university education and blue-collar work experience, I have significant experience working as a volunteer in political activities. I have empathy with both Republican and Democratic persons and principles. Also, I have experience as a journalist. Besides that, I have not pledged my soul to any creed but what may allow me to pursue understanding of truth and love.
I think you are carrying a burden of dogmas that cloud many issues for you. Open-minded study and the Golden Rule would be better. Do you know the Golden Rule?

Sincerely,
Mike

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins