Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Condemn?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Sam Patterson on June 15, 2002 04:45:32 UTC

"If you are NOT saying your opinion should have jurisdiction over someone else's, then you accept the finding of the Supreme Court."

My opinions do not have jurisdiction over anyone elses, and I accept the finding of the supreme court. However, I disagree with them, and hope they will change the laws.

"But I don't think it's right to condemn folks on subjects about which you can't even explain your beliefs. And you did condemn them. You said they murdered."

Can't explain my beliefs? What did I not explain?
I do not 'condemn' anyone, I give my opinion and what I think about the issue. I'm not sending them to hell.

"But since we know that most prenatal children are only forming their minds after their brains achieve significant wiring thresholds, it seems likely that a younger foetus does not experience any regret or deprivation at all if the parents feel there was no place being prepared."

So? Are you saying it is alright to kill someone if they do not feel 'regret or deprivation'? What about people born with mental problems? Or people in a coma? 'They won't feel it, so let's just kill them'. No.

"If you are wrong, you have violated the Commandment against "Bearing false witness against thy neighbor"

Oh please. I did not bear any witness to anyone, and it is not false. That 'fetus' will become a baby eventually, therefore in my mind it is murder. I'm not condemning anyone, nor am I going to shoot a doctor who preforms these abortions. I'm just giving my opinion. Nothing wrong with that.

KC2GWX

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins