Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
I Talk To YOU...and You Have Mental Problems

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Michael W. Pearson on June 15, 2002 15:45:54 UTC

You say a foetus which hasn't achieved minimum brain wiring to be capable of emotion and dreaming...ever...has no conceptual memories and never has had any.... will become a baby.

I say there are over six billion persons in the world, about half of whom are struggling for the most basic life-support sustainability because this many human beings already extract a tremendous part of Earth's productive capacity.

So if you insist on every conception must be carried to birth, you are doing so at a cost.
You have not ensured the world is sustainable for those already living...in fact it's heading for tragic bottlenecks. Allowing a mother, fully informed and without coercion, to seek help help to terminate her own pregnancy in the first few months is one of the LEAST cruel ways to try to moderate the human population juggernaut.
I do make a distinction between people with mental problems and human foetuses in the first three to four months of pregnancy. I did so very clearly in the post from which you drew the opposite meaning.

I think it's fine to encourage adoption and inform persons about pregnancy.
Do you think, by the way, that you would like it if you were compelled to produce children for others to raise, whether you wanted to or not?

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins