Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Are You A Liar?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Luis Hamburgh on June 5, 2002 16:00:23 UTC

Sam,

It boils down to one brief sentence in the last paragraph: "The creation of amino acids from Earth's raw materials may well have been the first step of evolution" (emphasis added).

>>>"Let's read that first sentence again. SCIENTIST created amino acids in a LABRATORY..."

In 1953 Stanley Miller simulated lightning (ever heard of it?) and applied it to naturally occuring compounds. If not in laboratory-type setting, where would you suggest a scientist perform such experiments?

>>>"You are posting science experiments from the 50's which have no bearing on the subject."

I'm sure this 1953 experiment is not discussed at ICR; after all, ignorance is bliss. But it was certainly a profound step forward, and remains one of the most important discoveries in the field of evolution. Anyone who claims otherwise is simply being ignorant.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You said evolutionists "have no idea" how evolution began. The link I provided clearly disputes that, as it suggests one way evolution may have begun. Unless you wish to assert that "one" equals "none," or that lightning, hydrogen, water, methane and ammonia are not naturally occuring phenomena, then you have to concede I was correct.

-LH

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins