Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
I Wasn't Insulting

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Harvey on June 8, 2002 14:00:58 UTC

***Think about this. If I were trying to get people with political power on my side, why would I be arguing with you guys? No offence, but I don't think of you guys with political power.***

Not you, I'm talking about ICR. They know that they cannot convince the vast body of scientists. They understand that it is about church membership and political gain. If it were about convincing science, they would have given up a long time ago. It is a modern day Flat Earth Society. There's no doubt about that.

***"It locks you in alright, but no one outside your religious convictions (hence the reason why no scientist who is not a fundamentalist agrees in a worldwide flood causing 5 billion years of geological change)." Actually this is false. I'll try to give you a link or quote. Many scientist (not fundamentalist) see evidence for a global flood. I'll try to give you a link for this.***

I'm surprised that you actually believe this. Who in the world is passing this kind of baloney to the young kids learning about young earth creationism? Once again you believe it because your limited experience gives you reason to accept it. I've come in contact with hundreds of scientists, and I don't know one that accepts a global flood.

***"Hopefully you will never find out. Of course, the administer would deal with such folks if they ever raise their immature heads." I don't think this was an insult. I hope not.***

I'm talking about real trolls.

Warm regards, Harv

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins