Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
I Guess Not.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Sam Patterson on June 8, 2002 04:21:43 UTC

"Cognitive frameworks is your overall perspective in life. We all are 'stuck' in our particular perspective, however some of us are more open to sharing and being affected by perspectives that are far different than our own."

I believe this is simmilar to discourse, which was (unfortunatly) 50% of my western civ class last semester. I understand.

"I get the idea that you think your scientific challenges (i.e., ICR) are actually worthy of some consideration, but in fact they are not. They are just outdated religious conceptions that are clinging onto any card they can find - no matter how ridiculous, in the hope that enough people of political power will side with them."

Think about this. If I were trying to get people with political power on my side, why would I be arguing with you guys? No offence, but I don't think of you guys with political power.

"It locks you in alright, but no one outside your religious convictions (hence the reason why no scientist who is not a fundamentalist agrees in a worldwide flood causing 5 billion years of geological change)."

Actually this is false. I'll try to give you a link or quote. Many scientist (not fundamentalist) see evidence for a global flood.
I'll try to give you a link for this.

"Hopefully you will never find out. Of course, the administer would deal with such folks if they ever raise their immature heads."

I don't think this was an insult. I hope not.

Anyway, I thank you guys for putting up with me. Evidentally I am a source of humor for you. That's ok with me. KC2GWX 73's

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins