Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Nah

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Mario Dovalina on May 31, 2002 00:12:04 UTC

"I didn't mean these didn't matter. I just meant these aren't a diffence between public and private schools."

What is, then? I went to a Catholic high school with a wonderful education record, and they taught evolution there (in biology and anatomy, etc.). They taught it because they knew that to teach creationism is to argue purely from faith, which is something an institution devoted first and foremost to education would not force on students. Exactly why do you think teaching evolution is a problem?

"Should I be trying to make it easy?"

There are two kinds of people out there (subclasses of people who I disagree with) The first is people who legitimately disagree and have reasons at least as good as mine for doing to (the Harvs, Pauls, and Richards of the world) The second is people who disagree based on logical fallacies and will never admit it (which you are on the border of falling into) Your refusal to accept your own self contradictory beliefs with regards to free will nearly destroyed my faith in mankind. :) I don't want you to make it easy on me, but I want you to hold your own beliefs to the same standards that you hold everyone else's to.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins