Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
I Have My Sources :)

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Sam Patterson on May 31, 2002 16:55:02 UTC

I have friends in public schools, and my 15 year old brother is in public school. I have seen his textbook, much of the 'evidence' for evolution is outdated.

"My wife would kill to stay home with our kids, but we couldn't afford it."

This is funny. I maybe 'wholly ignorant' of public schools, but if so you are 'wholly ignorant' of home-schooling! Money is not a problem at all in home-schooling. You don't have to get all the textbooks new, you can get them used. And the home-school community is very close, you could probably get all your books free!

"Home schoolers are primarily either rich or ultra-religious or both. I bet your parents are straight ticket republicans as well. Do you like Rush Limbaugh?"

"I have been in many public school systems teaching and speaking on behalf of science and evolutionary theory. How many have you been in?"

I have been in one public school, but it doesn't really count because it was only K-2'nd grade.
But how many times have you home-schooled your kids? How do you know if home-schoolers are 'utra-rich'? I have been in the home-schooling community for 10 years, and out of hundreds of other home-schoolers I know, only a dozen would be considered rich at all! And I know several home-schoolers that are not 'ultra-religious' either. I have never heard Rush Limbaugh. I think I am more qualified to speak of home-schooling than you. KC2GWX

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins