Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
How Would You Know About The Classroom?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Scott Abernathy on May 31, 2002 16:32:48 UTC

I have been in many public school systems teaching and speaking on behalf of science and evolutionary theory. How many have you been in?

The incomplete story of evolution is being taught in schools. It is not being taught as law and it is quite a teachable moment to say that evolution is a work in progress and the pieces are still being filled in. You are wholly ignorant of what evolutionary theory is aren't your? You are only arguing the points your biased websites are filling your head with. You don't see the big picture. You claim to have read Darwin, Russell, Gould, Dawkins, Sagan and other people with differing viewpoints, but you obviously don't pay much attention to what you read. Sure some evolutionists are cocky, but at least their studies are based on skeptical science - rather than fringe pseudoscience.

Biology textbooks today do a great job of incorporating differing views. You ignore that because it doesn't fit in with your world view of the conspiracy against creationism.

BTW, Home schoolers are taught by loving parents who choose to stay home with their kids. That is a dream of every mother I know, but a fantasy for most families. My wife would kill to stay home with our kids, but we couldn't afford it. Public schools provide opportunity for todays youth. If they choose to squander the chance then that is their fault and their parents problem. I went to public school and I am a responsible, well educated adult with a good job. Home schoolers are primarily either rich or ultra-religious or both. I bet your parents are straight ticket republicans as well. Do you like Rush Limbaugh?

Scott

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins